Thursday, January 14, 2010

JDizzle's Journal 5 Entries

September 14, 1963

Grandma Sands specifically said, '' If y'all going to the water, she said stay away from Collier's Landing because Miss Thompson's son Jimmy, got caught
in the Whool Pool [ Whirl Pool], and they said that they couldn't find the poor
soul's body for three days. Grandma Sands said to stay away from Collier's Landing, but of course I have to do the opposite and learn my lesson. I stuck my hand in the water and the ground under my feet were sliding away from the shore and I got really nervous. Next thing you know, I was kicking in the water. I was trying to swim away but my head bobbed under the water. then my head bobbed under the water a second time and when I watch cartoons they say that if your head goes down a third time you never come back up again.

September

No comments: